Saturday, July 25, 2009

Seriously?!

Okay, as you all know, I am not usually one to get "worked up" over things, especially over small creatures and insects...

But enough is enough!

Started out with an ant attack. They invaded not only my bag with residue of melted chocolate, but my cereal, my bed AND personal space!
But I sucked it up and I ate that cereal, fishing out as many of the ants I could find. I left my bag untouched as a sweet present to my new "roomates" and did a routine bed check each night before turning off the lights.

This morning is different. I had my last bowl of cereal and thought nothing could go wrong. Until I walked through the hallway past the bathroom. There it was....a spider. "Don't freak out, don't freak out" I chanted over and over again. Grabbed my boot and I SMASHED IT! ...I think I did at least. Only problem is that now I can't find it. See I smashed it with all my strength and then ran behind my bedroom door.

Okay, so a little freaked out but still okay. At this point I am recovering by the front door. When out of the corner of my eye I see a lizard slither out from under my chair and dart for the refrigerator! That was it, I lost ALL composure and bodily control!

The worst part of it all: I had a fresh pot of coffee that had just finished percilating that was located right past the refrigerator.

I am currently jumping from chair to couch to chair in my place hoping to avoid all creatures great and small.

7 comments:

  1. ah!! JANA!!! so not cool...but I did laugh a little when I read this...;-)...I'll add no more bugs and creatures to my prayer list for ya!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You not get freaked out by small creatures?? Ya right! And I could picture everything as I read :) Wish I was there to see it all and possibly do a little bug squishing myself with you.
    Silas says that he needs to take you camping more to get your "accustomed" to the native creatures.
    Ps-we both had a fabulous laugh :)
    Love you heaps and heaps. Another skype date this week?? More heaps of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jance.
    please do not get eaten by a creature. and please do not fall off a chair and break your wrist. and I think it is very good of you to give leftover chocolate to ants. I'm sure they will love you forever. and thank you for inspiring me to start blogging. because you did. you've changed my life forever!
    love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana!
    Just remember . . you are bigger! At least thats what everyone says you should think "remember they are more scared of you . . ." but I don't find that very comforting, so I applaud your efforts to defend yourself . . where is that dang Raid when you need it?! Just think of it this way, the lizard is your friend because he will eat the spider and the ants . . . he probably even ate that spider before you got another look at it . . and i bet he is cute! God just sent you a little protector! Ha! Die all ants and spiders that try to get in you way! Love you and I am praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jana!!! how utterly terrifying. ;) slash, i'm not that scared of spiders unless they're huge. I can't wait to hear more/read more on this blog. I love you... I can't believe you're way over there. Lots of prayers and love... julie (y Dan)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahahahah wish i had been there to see that! note: When living overseas (especially in tropical climats) put all food items in the refridgerator. its the only way to stay ant free. I'm talking everything! and even some of your smelly lotions and potions. it was the only way to stay bug free in lebanon. and do your dishes every day! love you, you crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jana, I miss your craziness!! Thank goodness for the internet. And all these things shall pass, even bugs! Am praying for you always and anxious to hear more. Tina

    ReplyDelete